The Business Analyst for Supply Chain provides financial and operational reports and analysis to the warehouse facility managers, enabling them to make the best business decisions. This individual generates, updates and analyzes several reports and scorecards for the business areas across the supply chain. The types of tools used to develop these reports include primarily Microsoft Access and Excel. To generate these reports, the Business Analyst identifies and queries relevant data from the various operational systems such as the Warehouse Management System, Transportation Management System, SAP, SAP Business Intelligence for payroll, local Selector Accuracy Sampling databases, and local spreadsheets for specific supply chain information. The Analyst validates data and key performance indicators for reasonableness against historical trends, and also uses his or her own knowledge of the business functions being measured. Furthermore, the Analyst maintains and runs the Visual Basic code which produces the reports. To allow supply chain business managers to gauge performance and make key decisions, the Analyst creates ad-hoc reports and analyses that relate to the identified supply chain cost or service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides expertise of supply chain functions/processes (Forecasting, Demand Planning, MRP, Advance Planning and Optimizations).
• Must have understanding of cross functional area’s such as Order Fulfillment, logistics, Inventory and Procurement functions.
• Provides the leadership to create a bridge between Supply Chain Management, Finance, Tax and the IT technical team.
• Represents user’s requests and Supply Chain requirements in order to effectively work cross functionally to provide solutions in the best interests of the company.
• Drives analysis of impact to current & future Supply Chain functionality of requested changes.
• Gains approval and manages the implementation of approved changes for Supply Chain.
• Drives documentation of business processes, provides analysis and suggestions required to improve the productivity of Supply Chain processes. (Note: this is NOT limited to ERP tools).
• Support Project deliverables such as conference room pilots, business readiness and cutover plans.
• Works cross functionally to lead the effort to fix the issue and documenting what changes are needed (customizations and/or new business processes).
• Leads cross functional effort to formally document processes, procedures and user guides.
• Owns and drives set ups for new geography for supply chain expansion and support development of KPI’s.
• Ability to use advanced functions of Microsoft Excel and Access, Visual Basic and macros
• Ability to gather data from multiple sources and compile it into a user-friendly format, ensuring it meets customer needs
• Ability to develop new reporting based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs
• Ability to develop recommendations and implement solutions based on financial and other project data
• Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
• Ability to absorb and retain information readily, prioritize tasks to meet fluctuating demands, and work under deadline constraints
• Ability to be flexible, energetic, highly productive and maintain a positive attitude
• Ability to facilitate improvement efforts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or another analytical discipline from an accredited college or university